Floyd Mayweather client Makhmud Muradov returns at UFC 249 in Brooklyn
UFC officials on Wednesday announced the bout between Muradov (24-6 MMA, 2-0 UFC) and Roberson (9-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC).
UFC 249 takes place April 18 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. The main card airs on pay-per-view following prelims on ESPN and ESPN+/UFC Fight Pass.
Muradov, 30, has had a hot start to his UFC career. After winning his promotional debut with a short-notice decision win over Alessio Di Chirico, Muradov showed his capabilities with a full training camp when he scored a devastating third-round knockout of Trevor Smith at UFC on ESPN 7 in December.
Roberson, 29, will also bring a two-fight winning streak into the contest. After starting his UFC run by alternating results over four fights, “Baby K” has put together consecutive victories against Roman Kopylov and Wellington Turman.
The latest UFC 249 card now includes:
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson – for lightweight title
- Jessica Andrade vs. Rose Namajunas
- Uriah Hall vs. Ronaldo Souza
- Calvin Kattar vs. Jeremy Stephens
- Ben Rothwell vs. Gian Villante
- Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras
- Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Ciryl Gane
- Ottman Azaitar vs. Khama Worthy
- Lyman Good vs. Belal Muhammad
- Makhmud Muradov vs. Karl Roberson