UFC veteran Houston Alexander had a spectacular BKFC debut knockout and almost ruined it
Former UFC fighter Houston Alexander’s debut was almost picture-perfect.
At BKFC 21 on Friday evening, Alexander made his bare-knuckle boxing debut against Wes Combs on the main card. An MMA veteran of over 30 professional fights with impressive names on his resume, some old tendencies followed Alexander into the BKFC ring.
When the referee signaled for the bout to begin, Alexander showed a calculated approach as he looked for openings. It didn’t take long for him to identify his opportunity, because out of nowhere he landed a hard right hand to send Combs crashing to the canvas.
— FITE (@FiteTV) September 11, 2021
However, Alexander’s MMA fighting instincts kicked in at that moment and followed up with another punch as his opponent laid on the canvas staring at the ceiling.
In what should have been an act that would have resulted in a disqualification, the officials in Nebraska did not penalize Alexander for the extra punch and declared him the winner by knockout just 34 seconds into the first round.
Alexander, 49, looked very sharp with his hands, but his old habits almost ruined a spectacular moment in his career.
Up-to-the-moment BKFC 21 results include:
- Houston Alexander def. Wes Combs via knockout – Round 1, 0:34
- Ryan Roberts def. Jorge Gonzalez via knockout – Round 2, 0:29
- Jason High def. Rocky Long via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:59
- Sean Wilson def. Will Shutt via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 1:21
- Cody Land def. TJ Benson via knockout – Round 2, 1:29
- JC Deleon def. Keilen Fantroy via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:36
- Erick Murray def. Robert Guzman via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 1:52
- Carlos Trinidad-Snake def. Noah Cutter via knockout – Round 1, 0:38
- Jeff Souder def. Adam Valcourt via knockout – Round 2, 0:49