Brandon Jenkins replaces COVID-positive Dakota Bush at UFC Fight Night 192 vs. Zhu Rong
UFC Fight Night 192 has been hit with a change caused by COVID-19.
Lightweight Dakota Bush, who was set to compete in his second promotional bout Saturday at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas vs. Zhu Rong, has tested positive for the virus and is out of the fight. Stepping in his place will be Brandon Jenkins, a fighter coming off a brutal flying knee knockout last month at 2021 PFL Playoffs 3.
Two people with knowledge of the matchup confirmed the booking to MMA Junkie but asked to remain anonymous as the promotion has yet to make an official announcement.
Jenkins (15-7 MMA, 0-0 UFC) enters his UFC debut on a three-fight winning streak, which includes the aforementioned knockout of UFC alum Jacob Kilburn, as well as a violent spinning back elbow KO against Jordan Hinman in November.
The youngest fighter on the UFC roster, Rong (17-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) enters the fight coming off an unsuccessful promotional debut. At UFC 261 in April, Rong lost a unanimous decision to Kazula Vargas. The defeat snapped a 10-fight winning streak for the 21-year-old.
With the addition, the UFC Fight Night 192 lineup includes:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Anthony Smith vs. Ryan Spann
- Devin Clark vs. Ion Cutelaba
- Nikolas Motta vs. Cameron VanCamp
- Mandy Bohm vs. Ariane Lipski
- Christos Giagos vs. Arman Tsarukyan
- Antonio Arroyo vs. Joaquin Buckley
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Tafon Nchukwi vs. Mike Rodriguez
- Pannie Kianzad vs. Raquel Pennington
- Tony Gravely vs. Nate Maness
- Brandon Jenkins vs. Rong Zhu
- JP Buys vs. Montel Jackson
- Sarah Alpar vs. Erin Blanchfield
- Carlston Harris vs. Impa Kasanganay
- Heili Alateng vs. Gustavo Lopez
- Hannah Goldy vs. Emily Whitmire