Hailey Cowan out of UFC Fight Night 220 due to illness; bout vs. Ailin Perez canceled
Hailey Cowan’s UFC debut is on hold.
Cowan (7-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) has been forced out of her women’s bantamweight bout against Ailin Perez, which was scheduled to go down at UFC Fight Night 220 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Due to Cowan’s withdrawal, Perez (7-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) won’t get a last-minute opponent. The bout has been canceled.
The news was announced Friday by the UFC.
Cowan was looking to make her debut following a decision win over Claudia Leite in August, when she won a contract with the UFC through Dana White’s Contender Series.
Perez was hoping to get her first win in the octagon after she came up short in her debut last September in France.
With the cancellation, the UFC Fight Night 220 lineup is as follows:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, 7 p.m. ET)
- Nikita Krylov vs. Ryan Spann
- Brendan Allen vs. Andre Muniz
- Don’Tale Mayes vs. Augusto Sakai
- Montana De La Rosa vs. Tatiana Suarez
- Yohan Lainesse vs. Mike Malott
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, 4 p.m. ET)
- Erick Gonzalez vs. Trevor Peek
- Gabriella Fernandes vs. Jasmine Jasudavicius
- Jordan Leavitt vs. Victor Martinez
- Charles Johnson vs. Ode Osbourne
- Carl Deaton vs. Joe Solecki
- Nurullo Aliev vs. Rafael Alves