Erin Blanchfield vs. Taila Santos tapped as new UFC Fight Night 219 headliner
A women’s flyweight bout will now headline UFC Fight Night 219.
With Cory Sandhagen vs. Marlon Vera shifted to the UFC on ESPN 43 main event in San Antonio, Texas, the Feb. 18 UFC Apex show now will be headlined by Erin Blanchfield (10-1 MMA, 4-0 UFC) and Taila Santos (19-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC).
UFC officials announced the change Friday.
Unbeaten in the UFC, Blanchfield has emerged as one of the hottest prospects in the division. The 23-year-old delivered her most impressive performance to date when she dominated and submitted Molly McCann at UFC 281.
Brazil’s Santos is coming off a close decision loss to UFC flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko last June in Singapore – a decision that was deemed controversial by many.
The current UFC Fight Night 219 lineup includes:
- Erin Blanchfield vs. Taila Santos
- Philipe Lins vs. Ovince Saint Preux
- Zac Pauga vs. Jordan Wright
- Gabriel Benitez vs. Jim Miller
- William Knight vs. Marcin Prachnio
- Evan Elder vs. Nazim Sadykhov
- Benoit Saint-Denis vs. Joe Solecki
- Clayton Carpenter vs. Juancamilo Ronderos
- Abus Magomedov vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Lina Lansberg
- A.J. Fletcher vs. Themba Takura Gorimbo
- Josh Parisian vs. Jamal Pogues